Fortunately, we all have realised the importance of fitness over this time. With social apps like youtube, instagram and facebook promoting fitness, surely 5 out of 10 have tried to workout at home. Some could carry the practise forward while some of them simply lost the self-motivation because of staying home. Hence, you have online gym classes to the rescue.
Keeping up with fitness can be really hard especially when your body has become lethargic with staying at home. But at the same time, the future relies on you fighting such diseases & keeping up. But how do you do that? Simply by exercising and keeping a fitness routine.
With that, our daily routines include picking things up, bending down and so much more that includes the upper body but our lower body is important too. Over time our legs, hips, toes, ankles, calves & thighs; all in all the lower body gets stiff and we often tend to procrastinate about it.
It’s a big myth that one cannot do a shred workout at home because if you find the right kind of online gym class, you will enjoy yourself.
And here is why, you should importantly have a lower body routine :-
- Increase your flexibility as well as equilibrium.
The waist, buttocks, and thighs include some of the largest muscles. The lower half of your body is in charge of maintaining your overall balance.
– It Assists in preventing falls and injuries
– It prevents muscular imbalances.
– Helps with Sport Development
You’ll notice significant increases in your overall workouts by committing just 2 days per week to lower extremity activities.
- Enhance Calcium Absorption by improving Bone Health – As we become older, our strength degrades and hence by doing lower back exercises:
– The painful consequences of arthritis and OSTEOPOROSIS can be reduced.
– Bone-strengthening exercises like squats and lunges, heel raises, and leg pushes are particularly beneficial.
- Increase your endurance and metabolic rate.–
– Stamina can make even the most mundane tasks seem effortless. The flexibility of your lower muscular system is inextricably connected to increased stamina.
– Strong hips and legs will help you power through your workouts or run your everyday errands with ease. You’ll also burn more calories all day long.
This is a significant benefit for individuals attempting to LOSE WEIGHT.
Now that you are well aware of the importance, get your legs working on the grounds. It’s understood that many of us are not well aware or acquainted with the exercises and the fitness we need as per our body. On the other side, with the pandemic hitting, safety is as important as being fit. And hence, the only solution to cater to your needs is to go online!
You can always find a good trainer from around the globe and join online workout classes where you’re guided in the right way.
On that note, here are five powerful lower body exercises, we would suggest you to do:-
- Lunges: Once you join an workout class, make sure they teach you the right way to do lunges because lunges are great.
– Begin by standing tall.
– With one foot, take a step forward until your leg achieves a 90-degree angle. The back knee should be parallel to the ground, and the front knee should not extend beyond your toes.
– Return to the starting position by lifting your front lunging leg.
– Rep 10 to 12 reps on one leg, then switch legs until you’ve completed 10 to 12 reps on each leg.
- Good Morning: This one is one of the favourites of all the online workout trainers. Here is how you can do it:-
– Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands behind your head for the bodyweight version of the good morning.
– Pull your shoulders back, support your core, and stand tall.
– Take a deep breath and tilt forward from your hips rather than your waist, allowing your knees to bow slightly but keeping your back level.
- Calf Raise : This one will give a good stretch to your body.
– Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by your sides.
– Maintain a strong spine and skeletal structure while gazing directly ahead.
– By tightening your leg muscles, quadriceps, and glut, you can elevate your heels as much as you can to get on your toes.
– Take a little rest at the crest prior to actually dropping your heel to the floor.
- Stiff leg deadlift : Online workout classes or offline, this one is easy to master.
– Feet shoulder apart and an overhand grip on a weight.
– Your knees and hips are bent, and the goal is to keep them that way throughout the movement.
– Lower the barbell while keeping your back straight by bending at the hips.
- Squats: Everyone’s favourite & the most effective exercise.
– Stand with toes facing front and feet somewhat wider than hip width.
– Drive your hips back, bending your knees and ankles and gently spreading your knees.
– Bend in a crouch with your feet and soles on the ground, your shoulders high, and your chest up.
– Aim to get parallel, which indicates your knee is arched at a 90-degree angle.
The Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a hands on reliable online workout class or offline class, you can find classes situated in Bandra West with an experience in fitness from years. There are great gyms in Bandra West, where you can try to work on your lower body and stay fit.